To Your Good Health
Jesus said, “…I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly.”
(John 10:10) Jesus sent his disciples out “to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal.” (Luke 9:2)
The Presbyterian Church (USA) believes God desires healing and wholeness in our lives and that we, as disciples of Christ, are called to promote and extend healing care.
Following the teachings of Jesus, the First Presbyterian Health Ministry Team, working under the direction of the Board of Deacons, is excited to be able to offer to the congregation opportunities to promote, learn and experience good health care options.
- Give the gift of life, become an organ donor. Missouri Organ Donation and Registry information is available at https://www.missouriorgandonor.com
- One WOW (What's on Wednesday) program per year on a health topic of interest.
- One on-site health screening per year.
- Check out the DHHS website: www.healthfinder.gov.
It provides an extensive review of current health topics of interest including cancer screenings, diabetes, heart health, good nutrition and healthy lifestyle ideas. (When using the site click on the link, then go to the upper left hand corner of the second page and click Quick Guide to Healthy Living.
- Two AED (Automated External Defibrillator) units are now available in our church. These are a commonly used strategic life support system for anyone who might suffer cardiac distress. One unit is in a small cabinet in the NW corner of the welcome center: The second unit is adjacent to the church offices on the mezzanine level of the church. Click here to watch a demo video on how the AED operates.
Christ has no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours, no feet but yours.
Yours are the eyes through which the compassion
of Christ is to look out on a hurting world.
Yours are the feet with which he is to go about doing good.
Your Health Ministry Team,
Stacy Peters, Amy Foerstel, Sharen Garrett and Tom Thomas